Unique visits page counter

© Copyright 2009 Anne-Marie Ladegaard, All Rights Reserved.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Blog owner, Anne-Marie Ladegaard.

THE ZIMBABWE TELEGRAPH

For all the latest news in Zimbabwe, go to this link -

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rhodesia - My Mother's Story

PROLOGUE
During our recent packing and sorting prior to relocating to the Central Coast, NSW I came across a very old notebook. I had no idea what it was, so I opened it to discover it was the typed reference notes of a talk, given by my dear mother to a group of ladies in Albany, Western Australia in 1968! She had typed 15 pages and then glued these to the inside pages of the old notebook... I never knew these notes existed! It's a wonderful, enlightening, colourful and sometimes a little bit sad, account of her old life in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, before we all came to live in Australia in December 1967.

I thought I would document these old notes in the form of a blog, as it may be of interest to friends and family, near and far. I will attempt to add a little from the notebook every day or so until I have blogged the entire contents of the 15 pages! I will write the blog exactly as I read it from mum's notes and fortunately for me, mum was well versed and had an excellent command of the English language! However, I will still get Andrew to 'proofread' what I have entered into the blog in case I make a mistake in the transferring of the notes! You will note that there are many words highlighted in the blog - these are linked to more information so simply click on the text to be taken to another site with more information about that particular text. :)

I hope you will enjoy this journey with me as mother tells her story...
Photo: Mum - Margaret Kerr (maiden name)

No comments:

Post a Comment